Geeklog is an open source Content Management System that offers multiple syndication formats, spam protection, and more. You’ll have access to many community developed plugins to radically alter its functionality. Available plugins include forums, image galleries, and much more. Geeklog is easy to install; get started in minutes!
Please note, the installation of Geeklog requires 1 MySQL database.
Step-by-step installation instructions:
- Log in to cPanel through your dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click on My cPanel. If you have more than one domain associated with your HostPapa account, click on the appropriate domain link. Enter your cPanel password.
- Under Software/Services, select Softaculous.
- From the left hand menu, under Portals/CMS, select Geeklog (you may also search for it in the Search bar on the top right).
- Click the blue Install button.
- You may then configure the Software Setup.
- Choose Protocol: If your site has SSL, choose the HTTPS protocol – if not, either HTTP options will do.
- Choose Domain: Select the domain on which you wish to install Geeklog.
- In Directory: Leave this blank to install into the root directory of the above domain name.
IMPORTANT: If you have other software/scripts installed on this domain’s root directory, make sure you create a new folder and specify its name in this field to complete the installation. If you don’t, you will overwrite existing installations.
- Data Directory: This will be pre-populated; you may leave it as is.
- Database Name: This will be pre-populated; you may leave it as is.
- You may then configure the Site Settings.
- Site Name: Choose any name for your new site.
- Site Description: Choose a description for your new site.
- You may then configure the Database Settings.
- Table Prefix: This is pre-populated; you may leave it as is.
- You may then configure the Admin Account.
- Admin Username: This is pre-populated; you may leave it as is or choose a new username.
- Admin Password: This is pre-populated; you may leave it as is or choose a new password. Ensure you record it for future use.
IMPORTANT: Choose a secure password to ensure the safety of your account.
- Admin Email: This is pre-populated with the admin email associated with your domain name, however we strongly suggest choosing an alternate email that is not associated with your account.
- No-Reply Email: This is pre-populated with the noreply email associated with your domain name, however we strongly suggest choosing an alternate email that is not associated with your account.
- You may then Choose Language.
- Select Admin Language: Choose a language from the dropdown menu.
- Click the plus sign beside Advanced Options; we strongly suggest that you DO NOT disable email notifications. Keeping your scripts up to date will ensure the security of your account.
To learn more about website security, please read the following article: https://www.hostpapa.ca/knowledgebase/kb/tips-on-how-to-improve-your-website-security/
To learn more about keeping your scripts up to date, please read the following article:
For the installation details to be emailed to your cPanel account’s primary email address, leave the Email installation details to field blank. Should you wish to have them sent to another email address, enter it here.
- Click Install.
Need more help? Please open a support ticket here: https://hostpapa.com/dashboard
Support ticket tips/info: