If you want to transfer your domain from Namecheap to HostPapa, you need to unlock your domain first.
Follow these instructions to disable “Registrar Lock” and get the Auth code of your domain:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account.
- From the Domain List, click Manage next to the domain you want to transfer.
- Click on the Sharing & Transfer tab.
- In the Transfer Out section, you can unlock the domain by clicking on Unlock.
- There, you can also send an email with the Auth Code to the Registrant email address.
The transfer is initiated at the Registry level after the new registrar has initiated the transfer and the auth code has been provided. Namecheap will release your domain after five days.
Submit the transfer request from My Domains in HostPapa Dashboard, and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.