A separate page for Terms of Service is mandatory in order to be GDPR compliant. You should link to the Terms of Service using the site footer or through a User Agreement in your forms.
A Terms of Service should:
- predict the conditions under which users may access your website;
- protect your intellectual property;
- explain how you will advertise your products to the visitors of your site;
- outline your data collection process and how you ensure the privacy of users’ information;
- describe how you sell your goods, your delivery process, and your return policy (if applicable);
- Stipulate an age limit for using your website. The minimum age for GDPR compliance is 16.
Please keep in mind that this is not a complete list. Consult a lawyer to obtain more information about a Terms of Service document. You can also generate your Terms of Service document using online generators. Look for the ones that claim to be GDPR compliant. If possible, choose a paid one over a free version.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.
María is an enthusiast of cinema, literature and digital communication. As Content Coordinator at HostPapa, she focuses on the publication of content for the blog and social networks, organizing the translations, as well as writing and editing articles for the KB.